Special notice: As we continue to monitor the CDC guidelines regarding COVID 19 protocols, we regret that school tours/group tours have been canceled. Please visit this page again soon for updates. We look forward to seeing you soon! We are so appreciative of the gifts from our community members and friends to support and sustain our programs. If you are in a position to make a contribution please make a gift today.
Lake View Cemetery offers a rich palette of history and education for students of all ages. Schools can also plan their visit to cover inter-disciplinary activities. We will be more than happy to work with your group as you develop your curriculum for your visit. If there is a specific focus for your tour, please let us know. We will be happy to assist you in meeting your request.
- School groups of 12 or more may schedule a private, docent-led historic tour, lasting 1½ hours in length, for a walking or bus tour.
- Tours must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance and are available from April 1 through November 19, between 9 am and 2:30 pm.
- A registration fee of $5.00 per person is required for both a docent led and a non-docent led tour of 12 or more. This fee may be paid by cash, check made out to Lake View Cemetery Foundation or credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover or AmEx).
- Includes stops at both the Wade Memorial Chapel and the Garfield Memorial.
- Cancellation must be made at least 48 hours in advance.
- If your plans limit you to visiting only the Garfield Memorial and/or Wade Memorial Chapel with a group of 12 or more, scheduling is also required with a registration fee of $5.00 per person. Please schedule at least two weeks in advance.
- One docent per 30 students with a limit of four docents per school.
- We request two chaperones or teachers per every 30 students (if the school requires a smaller ratio of chaperones to students, we will, of course do our best to honor your requirements.)
- Groups with less than 12 will also need to schedule their tour (no docent provided) at least 2 weeks in advance. For those groups of 11 or fewer, no registration fee is required.
- Schools must provide their own transportation, i.e, a motor coach or school bus.
- Max of 4 buses from the same school on the same day.
- General Rules
- Lake View Cemetery strives to provide an enjoyable experience for everyone that visits. Following these guidelines helps ensure a meaningful field trip. We will be very happy to discuss the specific needs of your group.
We will have a volunteer docent assigned to your tour. The docent, with guidance from the Director of Community Outreach, plans the route of the tour. The docent may review behavioral expectations with your group and has the authority to suspend the tour if students are disruptive.
Seasons of Life and Learning
Seasons of Life and Learning, our Educator’s Handbook was developed by teachers for teachers. The book provides wonderful resources for your visit to Lake View Cemetery. To request a free copy, send a message to Mary Krohmer.
Please see the form below to schedule a school tour or request more information.