We welcome you to visit Lake View Cemetery. To maintain the beauty of our grounds and ensure the safety of all guests, please follow our rules and regulations.
We welcome those who wish to photograph our beautiful and historic cemetery. We know that many family members and friends of those interred, along with artistic photographers, enjoy taking pictures of our landscapes, memorials, geological forms, sculptures, architecture, wildlife and horticulture. However, Lake View Cemetery also has a duty to protect the privacy of the families of every person interred here. We ask that anyone with an interest in photographing specific memorials and/or gravesites seek the approval of the decedents’ families. Read our photography permission policy here.
Flowers and Decorations
- Fresh cut flowers in permanent holders are encouraged throughout the year. Artificial flowers are only permitted from November to March. Non-floral, stand-alone decorations are not permitted (e.g. balloons, pinwheels, shepherd’s hooks, holiday placards, trinkets, statues, or garden/stepping stones).
- A variety of winter wreaths, potted plants for holidays and flower vases are available for sale by contacting the office. A limited selection of floral tributes can also be ordered through our online gift shop and our staff will place the tribute at the gravesite for you.
- Decorating the surrounding trees, shrubs, or landscape with holiday ornaments, streamers, wind chimes, birdfeeders, etc. is prohibited.
- Potted plants will be permitted upon lots and graves only at Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and Memorial Day, to remain until the following Monday.
- Flowers not in a permanent container will be removed. Please refer to the Flower Removal Schedule. Weather permitting, wreaths and winter decorations will be removed beginning February 1st or when they become unsightly.
- Flowerbeds are permitted on every grave space (except cremation lots) in the Cemetery and require an annual care maintenance fee. Contact the Cemetery office for a list of the types and costs of flowers and fees. All unauthorized planting will be removed without notice.
- Mausoleum decorations or flowers are not permitted on individual crypts and niches. Memorial flowers and plants in designated planters found within the Community Mausoleum may be purchased through the office. Memorial decorations, flowers, or mementos can be placed on the tribute tower located outside the building, on the lawn to the left of the front door.
Maintaining the Grounds
- Graves from recent interments are leveled and seeded as weather permits. Funeral flowers are removed when unsightly or when maintenance is required.
- Headstones can be placed only on graves for which full payment has been made. All headstones upon a lot shall be uniform in material, color, form, size, and inscription and, whenever possible, shall be of the same stock as the monument (if any), except for government headstones. Examples of memorial displays are available for sale at the Cemetery office.
- Headstones, footstones, and monuments are the property of the customer. Memorial appearance and maintenance are the owner’s responsibility. Cleaning and restoration services may be purchased through the Cemetery office.
Dogs must be leashed at all times for their safety and for other visitors. The human is responsible for picking up waste and disposing of it appropriately. Please be respectful and walk along the roads and not in the sections.
- Speed limits of fifteen (15) miles per hour are posted and must be observed for the safety of all persons on Cemetery grounds.
- Bicycles, motorcycles, scooters, skateboards, etc. must be parked or walked while on the Cemetery grounds. Bike racks are located at each entrance.
Geocaching and Gameplay
Since families grieve here, geocaching or playing augmented reality games is forbidden on Cemetery grounds.
For a complete set of Rules and Regulations, inquire at the office or